IO1 is a reply to the needs of:
1) Investigating, on an empirical level, about VR key competences necessary and required by the TARGET GROUP of VET Teachers and Trainers to promote the interactive learning process of SEN students in initial VET aimed at their successful access to WBL (at local and EU/Mobility level) and about demands, expectations and recommendations on the topic from stakeholders and experts in the field.
By using the Focus Group methodology, the empirical investigation will be implemented through:
- one 4hrs workshop per each partner organisation, involving at least 10 VET Teachers/Trainers from own staff and associated partners (70 at EU level);
- another 4hrs workshop per each partner organisation, involving at least 5 stakeholders + 3 experts from associated partners (56 at EU level);
2) Researching, on a desk level, about available VR hardware as well as provide, over existing VR software applications, the most relevant for supporting SEN students in initial VET in their successful access to WBL. The desk research will have a strong impact on the whole project development:
- it will allow for the first time to obtain a holistic overview of the state of the art of VR developments, implications and integration potential into the VET teaching/training system aimed at the interactive learning process of SEN students in initial VET;
- the analyses of VR software applications will allow for the identification of those which are most suited for facilitating SEN students’ access to WBL;
- on the basis of the results, the partnership will decide which of the currently existing VR applications are best suited to the project purposes and which can be integrated into the VETREALITY Training Programme (IO2).
The information and didactical consequences gathered in the empirical investigation process and in the desk research will be finally elaborated in the “VETREALITY e-Compendium for VET Teachers and Trainers”.
The core element of the Compendium will be the compilation of at least 20 selected open source VR software applications for the VET Teachers and Trainers’ learning settings, which will be intensively analysed and tested by the partnership and for each of them a one-page profile will be compiled containing the following information:
- Key data of the VR application;
- Description of learning content provided;
- Description of learning process facilitated by applying the VR application;
- Recommendations on how to best apply VR for facilitating SEN students’ access to WBL